I wanted to make a video of these but I couldn't get my camera working.
Here are some sample backgrounds I have made using a different combination of markers:
Blendabilities Background Tutorial
- Blendabilities (usually the darkest tone) - three colours with one being a neutral. Here I have Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, and Pumpkin Pie.
- Glossy cardstock cut into 4 pieces (4 1/4 by 5 1/2")
- Rubbing alcohol (I used 99% but 70% will work just fine) in a spritzer container
- A large sealable plastic bag (ziploc). Could be any brand
- Tape to secure bag to table.
1. Gather your supplies:
2. Tape a sealable plastic bag securely on your table which has a protective cover on it. Before sealing all the way around, place a piece of cardstock underneath the bag in the middle. This will help identify the size of the field you will be working in.
7. Let dry.
8. Be sure to write on the back of the sample what colours you used.
I tried the technique on photo paper and it works okay, but will do if you don't have glossy card stock. The colours did not mix as well. Here's a sample I did: