Tuesday 28 July 2015

Watercolour Salt Background Technique Using Acrylic Blocks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aPP2on8JUGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just loved this technique when I watched this video, and decided to do it for myself.

Supplies Needed: 
  • Clear acrylic block (any size)
  • Spritzer with water
  • Watercolour paper
  • 3 different ink colours (one dark, one medium and one lighter)
  • something to cover your table
  • gloves are optional.
  • coarse sea salt, sugar etc.





These are the ones I created using left over pieces of watercolour paper.  You can see the coarse sea salt on top of each piece.

These 2 pieces have the salt removed and have left an interesting pattern.  Colours used on the block:  Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Old Olive.

Here I use one of the backgrounds using the new SAB stamp set "For Being You".  Using an Aquapainter and Island Indigo Ink, I applied some extra ink inside each letter and then applied some glitter.  The background paper is Irresistibly Yours (SAB) inked with Pool Party and Old Olive inks.



Close up of card.

No comments:

Post a Comment